With the shape of a heart, sweet and exotic flavor, the lychee has conquered the hearts of several people. By learning how to plant lychee in the seeded pot , you can always have it close by, gaining a hobby: gardening.
Figuring out how to plant lychee in the seeded pot is essential knowledge for anyone who doesn’t have a garden. That’s because the process doesn’t need much space or seeds.
If you want to be part of the “do it yourself” movement and learn how to plant lychee , be sure to read this content! Next, we separate an explanatory step-by-step that will help you make that wish come true.
Why start planting lychee at home?
Before we explain how to grow lychee , did you know that this plant is very good for your health? Thus, like other fruits, if consumed in moderation, it helps prevent vascular and liver diseases. Check out other benefits:
- fight against obesity: cyanidin, present in the composition of lychee , has an antioxidant action, helping to burn fat. In addition, the fruit is rich in fiber and water, helping with weight loss;
- glycemic control: fruit is a great ally in controlling diabetes, as it has phenolics, such as oligonol, which helps reduce insulin resistance and regulate the amount of glucose in the body;
- improves skin appearance: vitamin C and folic compounds and antioxidants help fight free radicals that cause skin aging;
- strengthening of the immune system: vitamin C and folate stimulate the production of white blood cells, which are essential in defending the body and fighting infections.
Did you see how many benefits there are to maintaining a lychee diet? Just be careful with excesses! This is because, in exaggeration, the fruit decreases blood sugar levels, which can cause diarrhea and abdominal pain.
Step by step to plant lychee with the seed
Now that we’ve talked about the benefits of the fruit, it’s time to teach you how to plant lychee in a seeded pot. So, in addition to saving time when buying seeds, you won’t have to devote a lot of space to the plant . Like the idea? So, check out the step by step we prepared below.
1. Separate the pit from the fruit
To plant the lychee in the pot, first, separate the pit from the fruit. Remember that it needs to be free of white pulp. Afterwards, just let it dry for at least two days to plant in a vase.
2. Choose the ideal vase
The second step on how to plant lychee from the pit includes paying attention to the choice of pot. After all, opting for the ideal is synonymous with ensuring that the plant grows healthy.
The vase needs to be large, as it will contain a fruit tree. The recommendation is that it has 40 to 50 L, but if you find a bigger one, you can buy it without fear.
3. Prepare the substrate for planting
The best soil to learn how to plant lychee in a pot with seeds is one that has a well-draining substrate that is very rich in organic matter. Also, always have fertilizers at your disposal to use every three months. Thus, you guarantee all the nutrients needed for plant growth.
4. Plant the pits
In a single pot, separate four to five seeds to begin the planting process. This is because the lychee germination rate is between 60% and 70%.
Place the seeds flat two to three fingers underground so the roots have enough room to grow. Afterwards, just moisten with filtered water and cover. Remember to place the vase in the sun, especially in the first few days for the water to evaporate and water by itself.
5. Take care of the plant daily
Now you know how to plant lychee in a pot with a seed, but do not forget that care is not over yet. That’s because you need to water it, take care of the earth’s nutrients and pay attention to pruning.
If you follow these indications, within a month, you will be able to notice that the first pendulum will come out of the seed. Over time, the leaves and stem will appear. Be patient, as the fruit appears only after 10 or 12 years.